Interested applicants should copy the contents of this questionnaire and reply via email or an attached document.
A. What is your preferred computing platform/operating system?
Mac / Windows / Linux
B. What version/flavor of the operating system?
C. If you have a preferred office platform (MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, Pages/Numbers/Keynote), what is it?
D. What is your preferred tool to take and capture screenshots of a website?
About Your Experience:
E. Of the following types of digital projects/deliverables, which do you have experience in Q/A for? Please provide a brief description of what types of specific issues you had to q/a for each.
- Email Blasts
- Static Websites
- Content Management based Websites
- Custom integrations
- Mobile Apps
- Actual Code and programming logic
F. What ticketing systems or project management software/services have you used for either internal or client-facing issue tracking? (Jira, Asana, Basecamp, Trello, Blossom, etc)?
G. What are some of your pet-peeves when it comes to how people report "bugs"?
H. Why are you now looking to change careers/move positions?
Please provide answers to any 2 of the questions below.
1. What was the most challenging project you have worked on/oversaw Q/A for? What types of challenges did you face, and how did you overcome them?
2. Describe your worst experience in Q/A duties/responsibilities. What made the tasks challenging and frustrating? What recommendations did you/would you apply to prevent/minimize that frustration in the future?
3. Please describe how you apply good communication skills and etiquette in your day-to-day responsibilities.
Please be advised, all Q/A candidates that pass our first round interviews are requested to complete a skills assessment exercise (confirming functionality and responsiveness of components to a website, consistency of formatting and friendliness in user documentation).